Friday, August 23, 2013

CEP 812 Reflection and Creating "Something" with "Something"

CEP 812

CEP 812, as well as my other CEP courses, have allowed me to instill passion and curiosity in my students through technology. The courses have not only shown me how and why to use these technologies, but required me to try all the tech I learned about. The hands-on experience made me more aware of the process and how I could use it in my classroom.

I believe passion and curiosity feed off each other. If you are passionate about something, you become curious about it. Both passion and curiosity are key components in education- a student has to be interested to retain knowledge. I have always tried to incorporate both into my teaching and technology has been a great resource. I foster passion and curiosity by creating an environment where it's okay not to know answers and to make mistakes. I also model how to ask questions and encourage questioning. Technology fosters passion by creating a place for students to share their work and connect with people who share their passion. It sparks curiosity by sharing endless information and providing a place to research their curiosities.

Although I am done with the MATC program, I know teaching and technology will constantly be evolving.... so my education has just begun!
 


Creating "Something" with "Something"-

I used Popplet to represent how I bring Passion and Curiosity to my work as an educator and show how I use technologies to instill passion and curiosity in my students.















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing up your MAET certificate! Yay for you! I'm so glad to hear that it has been worthwhile experience. I can see that you are expanding your thinking and have some great goals for the future. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete